Chrome Plus is an extremely durable coating that substantially extends the life of roll surfaces, while providing top quality mirror finishes and tolerances. The superior metal matrix coating provides outstanding abrasion resistance and extremely long life, compared to traditional chrome plating. American Roller Company’s state-of-the-art super finishing methods produce a mirror surface, resulting in excellent appearance, gloss, and reflectivity.
- In place of traditional chrome for Chill Rolls and other various roller positions.
- Versatile; can meet a variety of application needs where traditional chrome is used.
- More scuff and scratch resistant than chrome
- Uniform finish options down to near mirror
- As hard or harder than chrome
- Comparable thermal transfer rate to chrome.
- Longer service life over traditional chrome.
- Reduces downtime due to less service work.
- Precision finish for outstanding quality.
- Resistant to most acids, alkalis, and chemicals.
- Chrome Plus uses safe thermal spray composite application technologies, eliminating the need for hazardous chemical baths.
Hardness: 68 Rockwell C
Coating Thickness: 0.010”-0.012”
Surface Finish Range: <1 Ra to 150 Ra micro-inches
Diameter Tolerance: ±0.005” standard; ±0.001” available
To view pdf version, click here.