Chrome Plus is an extremely durable composite coating that substantially extends the life of surfaces, while providing top quality mirror finishes and tolerances. The superior, based metal matrix coating gives excellent abrasion resistance and extremely long life compared to traditional chrome plating. American Roller Company’s state-of-the-art super finishing methods produce a mirror surface, resulting in excellent appearance, gloss, and reflectivity.
- In place of traditional chrome for Chill Rolls and other various roller positions.
- Versatile; can meet a variety of application needs where traditional chrome is used.
Features and Benefits
- More scuff and scratch resistant than chrome
- Uniform finish options down to near mirror
- As hard or harder than chrome
- Comparable thermal transfer rate to chrome.
- Longer service life over traditional chrome.
- Reduces downtime due to less service work.
- Precision finish for outstanding quality.
- Resistant to most acids, alkalis, and chemicals.
- Uses safe thermal spray composite application technologies, eliminating the need for hazardous chemical baths.
- Hardness: 68 Rockwell C
- Coating Thickness: 0.010”-0.012”
- Surface Finish Range: <1 Ra to 150 Ra micro-inches
- Taper: 0.0005”
- Diameter Tolerance: ±0.005” standard; ±0.001” available
- TIR: 0.0005”
Green replacement for Chrome. A scratch resistant and repair capable coating for use in a wide variety of applications.
Best Used For
Heat transfer and chill rolls and other metals surfaces.
Gold Service Contracts
We developed the Gold Service Program to improve customer service, communication, processing time, and order turn around.
Local Technical Sales
Our technical sales team coupled with our customer service organization equip us to be ready to handle your challenges.
Our corporate procurement, engineering and sales professional team have demonstrated success in taking over large, complex outsourcing initiatives.
Quality assurance is one of the various services that we offer. Our quality department and process is ISO 9001 compliant and in some plants certified.