The Pegasus II utilizes the same technology as the Pegasus I but features a more wear-resistant urethane outer covering.
- Foam polymer base
- Superior compression/tear resistance
- Compress and rebound to original size without generating heat
- Prevents picking and wrap-ups from adhesive contact
- Seals covering surface which prevents grease/other contaminants from penetrating the foam
- No premature failure due to dryness or loss of flexibility
- Superior performer in “”no-crush”” roll position
- Weighs 70% less than conventional rubber roll coverings
- Reduced scrap, less downtime, lower maintenance costs
- Reduces air entrainment, eliminates tin-canning and telescoping
Pegasus rollers have foam polymer bases and offer superior compression and tear resistance. The patented, high release topcoat prevents picking and wrap-ups from adhesive contact and seals the covering surface to prevent grease and other contaminants from penetrating the foam. This prevents premature roller failure due to dryness and loss of flexibility.
These rollers are designed to compress and rebound back to its original size without generating heat. Traditional rubber rollers, which do not compress, create heat when pressure is applied to the rubber, which leads to hardening, shrinkage, and cracking of the rollers’ cover. They also suffer from tin-canning and telescoping issues when in the lay-on roll position.
But what is tin-canning and telescoping?
Tin-canning: A raised band that appears on the circumference of the roll while winding.
Telescoping: When a web is pushed off the edge of the wind path.
The lay-on roll can ride on the band, pushing the web off the side of the roll and causing it to telescope.
Reduce scrap, decrease downtime and cut maintenance costs using this innovative technology!
These rollers are designed to compress and rebound back to its original size without generating heat.
Best Used For
Lay on roll position.
Gold Service Contracts
We developed the Gold Service Program to improve customer service, communication, processing time, and order turn around.
Local Technical Sales
Our technical sales team coupled with our customer service organization equip us to be ready to handle your challenges.
Our corporate procurement, engineering and sales professional team have demonstrated success in taking over large, complex outsourcing initiatives.
Quality assurance is one of the various services that we offer. Our quality department and process is ISO 9001 compliant and in some plants certified.